Before you embark on any major trip beyond the Cerritos, Long Beach, and West Covina, CA, area with your 2021 Genesis G80, you’ll want to make sure that everything under the hood is in top shape. Of course, you’ll also want to familiarize yourself with the various Genesis G80 dashboard lights that let you know if there’s an issue.
To help drivers like you become more adept at identifying these lights, our team at Norm Reeves Genesis of Cerritos is here to help by showing you what they mean! Schedule a service appointment today.
Indicator Lights vs Warning Lights
There are two sets of lights that appear on your dashboard. Indicator lights are merely reminders. They’re letting you know that a system has been activated—either by you or by the vehicle itself. Warning lights, on the other hand, are letting you know of a real-time malfunction that’s occurring mid-drive. When one of these lights appears, you’ll want to act fast to prevent further damage to your vehicle.
- Electronic Stability Control Indicator Light—This dashboard light, which appears as a vehicle with swerved tracks, means that you’ve experienced a loss of stability or traction, and that the system has engaged to help stabilize the vehicle.
- High Beam Indicator—This dashboard light looks a bit like a sideways showerhead spraying water, but it’s indicating that your high beams are on, and this light will appear until you deactivate them.
- Immobilizer Indicator Light—The symbol for this light is the silhouette of a sedan with a key inside it. It means that you’ve activated your engine immobilizer system, which will prevent the vehicle from starting without your specific key.
- Electric Power Steering Warning Light—This symbol appears as a steering wheel next to an exclamation point, and it means that there’s a malfunction with the power steering in your Genesis G80. You’ll want to pull over to safety and contact your Genesis dealership ASAP. Do not resume your journey because properly maneuvering your vehicle could be very difficult.
- Charging System Warning Light—This dashboard light looks like a battery, and it means that your battery isn’t keeping a charge. You should pull over to safety before the battery dies, so you can get out of the way of traffic.
- Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Light—This warning symbol appears as a thermometer over wavy water. It means that the engine coolant is heating up, which could cause your engine to overheat. You’ll want to pull over and let the engine cool. If the problem persists, seek service immediately.
Schedule Your Service Today
If you notice that one of the dashboard warning lights in your Genesis G80 appears, you’ll want to seek out the right service to have the issue corrected, so you can resume your journey on the road. When the time comes where you have a dashboard warning flashing, you’ll want to pull over to the side of the road and contact us at Norm Reeves Genesis of Cerritos!
Our team will provide the necessary service to get your vehicle back out on the roads of Cerritos, Long Beach, and West Covina, California!